Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dinner in PP

We got bored of the Penang food that we always eat. So for a change, we went to one of the shops in Permatang Pauh for dinner. The food there were super delicious!! Curry fish, Vege with canned pork, Fried curry clamps, Black sauce pork and really nice TouFoo with green beans. After all that, we had chinese tea in the little small teacups. Very traditional. Well you know, here in Penang, when we order chinese tea, they will put it in the big transparent plastic cups and serve it to you.

After all that, granny said she has to go to the toilet, but the toilet is way back behind the shop. So I told her not to go, maybe save it first till we get home. Obviously the Chinese Tea was really good, and she drank alot of it. I accompanied her.. I have to say, it was disgusting back there, they have rooms for the maids, and you can practically see them in and out the rooms. Maid A brought stuff to Maid B and vice versa. The hallway was dark and scary, at the end of the hallway is the toilet. We had to walk all the way down 'The Home of Rats & Pests'! Ok.. so I didn't exactly see a big fat rat there, but rats like appearing at places like these!

I took a few shots of the place while waiting outside in fear
That's the toilet door, with coffee stains and spider webs all over it. If you can see, there's a spider hanging there.


Look to your right side! And yes, I saw this ridiculous green underwear hanging high!

I should have taken pictures of the toilet too, I missed that out. The condition in the toilet was almost as bad. The floor is covered with small little green tiles, an old mossy well standing right at the corner and a higher floor at the other corner with a hole in it. The white tiles on the wall looked dirty and old. I wondered how the girls living there feel when they shower everyday.

They need to really do something, maybe more lights, renovate the toilet or at least make it cleaner and a safer place for the customer. I think I wouldn't have eaten so much if I were to go to the toilet before the meal..

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Button Mushroom by Jessica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.1 Japan License.