Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Church Lady

Once in awhile, people from the church would come to my door and do their duty as Christians. They give out flyers, talk about their religion..

Last week, two ladies were at my door. One of them seem so enthusiastic, I felt bad to cut her off. So what I did was, I pretended not to understand Japanese. I knew she'd pull out a book of different language. When she asked what language would be more suitable for me, I thought about it for a minute or two, and I thought hard. I said "Malay", figured she wouldn't have it. Seeing Malays are mostly Muslims, they wouldn't even go through the trouble to introduce to Malays right? However, guess what?! She found something that was written in Malay! It was just a self introduction though.

Today, the same lady appeared at my door again. Today she brought a copy of "Do You Want To Know Bout The Truth? Obviously she went online and printed this.



I looked at her disbelievingly with my two 'you're interrupting my sleep' eyes. She saw that and she apologized over and over again. I took the copy and as I was about to tell her that I'm really not interested, she said that she'd come another day and maybe next time I'd let her in my house so she could tell me more.

As touching as it is.. but NO, lady, no more next time I thought. I'd never open my door again! Speaking of keen Christians..



When one's keen & enthusiastic enough..

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Button Mushroom by Jessica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.1 Japan License.