Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Festival for the Buddhists in Japan

Of course there weren't only Japanese, my classmates were in there too. Remember moron of the year from the last post? Yes..

The festival was boring, I couldn't tell them in case they get offended or something. They seemed to enjoy it. At first when I got there, I thought I got the wrong place! Everyone was dressed in black and white, we felt underdressed. Moreover it was in the temple, thought I mistaken and went to a funeral !!

About to start..

I still cannot differentiate the gender

Wait, let me show you part of the event..


This is the starting point, where they beat the white thing, and shout
"tui tui ya sa to tui ya sa sa!!!!" Don't ask me what it means, I don't have an idea! It was very loud.. See how near I was to them? I did not zoom.


It's actually very much like Wesak Day and Thaipusam, where they have big groups of people walking at the street. Oh ya, and then this group of girls gave me goosebumps! They were all dressed in white, and the sound of their flutes..



What to do when bored?
Look at their asses!!
Some of their pants were really tight!
And you see, the guy's leg on the right side?
He must have wore 3/4 pants all the time for practice!!
Also, I didn't know Japanese are so hairy!!

They had to carry and swing that big thing weigh about 10kg

After they went on their little journey, good thing we didn't have to follow. We then went to some restaurant nearby, super small but good chinese food. The shopkeeper speaks mandarin too! She eavesdropped our conversation!!! Cause later on she came suddenly and joined in our conversation!!

After lunch, we managed to escape the festival and got back home, safely.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Button Mushroom by Jessica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.1 Japan License.