Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Outback Steak House

(outback homepage)
"Outback Steak House is an Australian steakhouse restaurant." It's confirmed. Previously, we were wondering if it's American.
We got there around dinner time and the place was already packed! with people. I must say, there are more foreign customers than Japanese. The place is big but like I said, it was packed! There were people in every each corner, we made our reservation anyway despite being told to wait for bout 30minutes. Outback occupied the whole second floor of the double storey building. We ended up waiting for more than an hour, starving. But they served drinks and fries while we were waiting.

The style is very much like Chilli's or T.G.I. Friday's. Five of us ordered only two steak meals, the fries and salad. The food is fine, they aren't like super duper good, but we ordered only a few out of so many choices. Maybe next time, I'll get the right one. I had a good white wine though, it was really good.

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Crisp Romaine hearts tossed with Caesar dressing, homemade croutons and aged Parmesan shreds. Topped with grilled chicken.

Aussie Cheese Fries
French fries topped with cheese and bacon, served with spicy Ranch dressing.

Diced Fillet with Mushrooms Diced fillet steak to go with the mushroom sauce

Diced Fillet with Garlic & Peppers
Diced fillet tossed with garlic and peppers.

I was rather disappointed to be honest, I expect to have a big whole steak if I were to go to a steakhouse! My friends know I always like to have my own order, and so they'd always stop me from doing so. Because by the end of the day, I can never finish the whole portion and end up forcing them to finish it. Well, although now that they're not here to stop me, but I kind of got used to the idea. So I agreed to share, and see what I got?! The best from all the above is the Caesar Salad, which is my choice. Another thing I learnt from my dear friends is that, never order something with weird names or newly introduced food that looks unfamiliar and.. NEW. Don't be a guinea pig, and stick with the normal ones. But of course, it's good to be adventurous! Try out new things and all, but just don't complain when it tastes weird.

They're so fair!

Next, I'm going to try Pepper Steak Lunch or is it Pepper Lunch?
(May, Melissa)
Will let you know how it is!


No comments:

Creative Commons License
Button Mushroom by Jessica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.1 Japan License.